You’ve probably heard before now that it’s possibly for you to still become a Canadian citizen even if you are not originally from the country. One of the ways you can do this is through marriage. You have an extensive article on that which you can find here.
Now, why’s becoming a Canadian citizen important, you may ask. Well, there are quite a number of benefits that comes with being a Canadian citizen.
As a citizen in Canada, you have the privilege to cast a ballot or vote and pursue your political position if necessary. You can also travel with a Canadian international ID.
Of course, that’s not all that comes with being a Canadian citizen. There are others which we’d be getting into very soon.
Speaking of traveling with a Canadian international ID, you first need to get your Canadian citizenship. Thereafter, you can apply for Canadian international ID or passport. Make sure you do not get defrauded by criminally minded people. Although the crime rate in Canada is low, it doesn’t mean crimes don’t happen.
Hence, be careful of organizations or sites who guarantee being able to assist you with obtaining a Canadian VISA without being a Canadian Citizen. Be careful.
Why? Because no middle man can accelerate the procedure. The application form and data are generally free. Hence, there’s absolutely no reason for you to pay for them. Of course, there may be need for you to pay for your international ID processing expenses. This can come as some cost so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you.
However, make sure you are going through passport Canada provincial offices, service Canada centers, assigned Canada post offices and Canadian Government Offices abroad as these are the approved and authorized offices to collect them. You can also choose to directly apply at the passport Canada center.
Having said that, let’s talk on the main subject matter.
Advantages (Benefits) Of Being A Canadian Citizen
1. Eligibility for more jobs. Being a citizen in Canada automatically makes you eligible for more jobs in the country.
2. Being able to run and vote for political offices. This have been mentioned before. Canada citizenship allows you vote and run for political offices should you decide to do so.
3. Being a Canadian Citizen voids the need for you to Renew your immigration documentation.
4. Canadian citizens can travel on a Canadian passport with ease.
5. Being a Canadian citizen gives you the liberty to travel to the United States with ease.
6. Canadian citizens have the privilege to live outside Canada with no duration limit.
7. Canadian citizens have the liberty to pass Canadian citizenship on to their upspring. However, this is only applicable to the first generation.
8. Being a Canadian citizen gives you the right to be an applicant in government, commonplace and regional decisions.
9. Canadian citizens gets preference for a job in the government. With you becoming a Canadian citizen, you get some privilege.